Monday, September 24, 2007

My First handspun FO!


Hat from Handspun
Originally uploaded by Spiffy Knits
Pictured here is my own little Bug, as I call her. I knitted this hat from my Pixie Batt handspun. What fun! It is just a basic hat, but I added a five-stitch butterfly design to it, which helped pop the handspun out a bit more and enhances the texture. The hat came out so soft and stretchy and lovely!

And of course, I received an email from Susan Sarabasha (AKA the Spinning Bunny) not an hour after I was done that she has more Pixie Batts ready for purchase. I bought three more. I am so weak. Honestly, though, they are a joy to work with and I got a colorway that should coordinate with one I already have, so that gives me eight ounces to work with! I can't wait to get them!

No comments: